2012 is almost here and at the Beauty Tips office we're busy wrapping up 2011 while planning for the new year. In the spirit of making a resolutions here are our beauty resolutions for 2012.
We're guilty of not doing this. Yes, it's terrible and it needs to stop. Sleeping with your makeup on will clog your pores and lead to acne/skin irritation. In 2012, we vow to remove our makeup every night—no matter how tired we are.
SPF is essential to protecting your skin and slowing the affects of aging. With so many moisturizers including SPF in their creams there is no excuse not to apply it everyday. Go the extra mile in 2012 and apply SPF to your neck, décolleté and hands. These areas typically show aging first and need daily sun protection too.
Toss Out Old Products
It's hard to let go of the makeup you love, but when in doubt toss it out. Once your products begin to dry/flake it's time to star anew. Makeup bag bursting at the seams? If you haven't used something in the last 30 days get rid of it. Your make up will look better, your skin will thank you for it and you'll be more organized.
Become a Salon Regular
Regular trims are essential to the health of your hair. This year when you go in for your first trim/cut make another appointment for three months later.
If you don't have one already, make 2012 the year that you find your signature scent. A good perfume is the final detail in bringing together a great beauty routine so why not make the new year the best smelling one you've had yet?
Clean Up Regularly
Add cleaning your makeup brushes to your beauty routine. It's easy to do and will make your brushes last longer, makeup application look better and stop any bacteria from transferring onto your skin. Mix baby shampoo and olive oil together and wash in warm water. The baby shampoo will offer gentle cleansing without drying out your brushes while the oil will return softness to the bristles.
That concludes our beauty resolutions for 2012. What are yours?
- Chanel Shade Parade: This video is so fun! It's such a creative way to present new nail shades.
- Smashbox O-Glow: The gel in this product comes out of the tube clear and turns your perfect shade of blushing pink when applied to your cheeks. Talk about a natural glow!
- Cat Eyes: We love cat eye makeup but it's not always easy to apply, this step-by-step photo makes it easy peas-y.
- Color Bug: Kevin Murphy's color bug can give you an edgy style without the commitment. Wild weekend hair anyone?
- Top Knot: The windy winter weather has us reaching for hats but when we've forgotten to grab one as we're rushing out the door a top knot will do the trick. Check out our tutorial on how to make one here.
Any beauty products, tricks or styles you're loving this week? Let us know!
Yes, it's September but we're still not giving up on summer—especially when it comes to hair. Beach inspired waves are very easy to create and will give you an effortlessly chic look while you're transitioning from summer to fall.
How To Create Beach Wave Hair
- A curl defining hair product (we like L'Oreal Paris Silky Curls Gel)
- Blow Dryer
- Hair Elastics
- Curling Iron
- Hair Spray
- Before you go to sleep shower and work a dollop of curl defining hair product into your wet hair.
- Blow dry your hair till it is only slightly damp.
- Separate your hair into sections (about six) and braid it from your ears down, then secure each braid with a hair elastic.
- Now hit the hay and sleep in your braids.
- In the morning, take out the hair elastics and shake out your braids.
- Wrap each section around the outside of your curling iron to help heat set your waves.
- Spritz your hair with hair spray to set your style after you've finished with the curling iron.
Now you're set to spend the day looking like a beach goddess!
When you cannot afford a haircare treatment at your favorite salon or spa, do-it-yourself at home. Below are some of our favorite easy to make haircare treatments that your can whip up and enjoy at home.
Restore Moisture. Moisture is key to having healthy hair and the best place to start is your scalp. To restore moisture back into your scalp with the added benefit of nutrients to help protect your hair use a tablespoon of Jojoba oil. To make this treatment both beneficial and relaxing, massage the oil into your scalp using your fingertips and then wrap your head in a warm damp towel for 20 minutes. Wrapping your head in a towel will help the oil penetrate your scalp so you'll receive the maximum benefit that the Jojoba oil has to offer.
Breakdown Buildup. After a week of using styling products it is safe to assume that even regular washes with your favorite shampoo may not get rid of the buildup that continual use of hair products can cause. You can create your own clarifying rinse with a cup of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar in order to start the following week off fresh. With just a cup or either vinegar, thoroughly rinse your hair and then follow up with your usual shampoo. Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar work as a natural clarifier that work to remove product buildup without the worry of stripping color.
Moisture Mask. If your hair is feeling dry or brittle it's probably time to treat your mane with a moisture restoring mask. Mash up half of an avocado with two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl,then coat your hair from root to tip with your homemade mask. After coating your hair, wrap it in a hot towel for 20 minutes. The essential oils and proteins in this homemade mask will help hydrate your hair and turn it from brittle to beautiful.
There are a lot of hair brushes on the market. Ever wonder what they're for or why you would ever need more than one hair brush? Don't worry we'll brush you up on the basics.
Oval Boar Bristle Brush. This brush works well on nearly every hair type and can be used for everyday brushing. The boar bristles in this brush help stimulate the scalp and distribute oils evenly which help create shine.
Vented Brush. This brush is ideal for short hair. This brush can be used with or without a blow dryer because it is vented and the wide set bristles help create volume.
Round Ceramic Mixed Bristle Brush. This ceramic brush is great for use with a blow dryer and its round shape helps lift roots and create volume.
Large Paddle Brush. This brush is for long-haired gals. The large size of the paddle covers a lot of hair at one time and the plastic ball tipped bristles make for safe detangling.
Wide Tooth Comb. This comb is great for detangling wet hair because the wide set teeth will not cause any snagging when tackling tangles.
Teasing Brush. This brush creates volume in a flash.
Summer may be coming to a close and as you're off to escape the norm at the beach, remember not to ditch your routine entirely—your beauty routine that is. We like to tone down our beauty routine while soaking up the sun but there are some essentials you just can't skip. These are our beach bag beauty essentials:
- Sunscreen. Don't ever think of spending a day in the sun without it. We recommend using a sunscreen that is waterproof so you'll be protected while you're in and out of the water.
- Waterproof mascara. Sometimes all you need is a bit of mascara to look put together and if we were to only have one piece of makeup with us on a deserted island a great waterproof mascara would be it.
- Wide tooth comb. You may lust over beachy waves but all the salt water and wind can cause major tangles. Keep a wide tooth comb handy to help smooth out any knots without pulling and snagging your hair in the process.
- Lip tint with SPF. Your lips can burn too. Keep them hydrated, protected, and looking rosy with a lip tint. We like Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment.
- A hat or head scarf. Have you ever had a sunburn on your scalp? Not pretty! Putting sunscreen on your part or in your hair line can make a greasy mess, so to stay protected without having an oily mane put on a hat or tie your hair in a scarf. You won't have to worry about getting burned and you'll look chic in the process.
Check out our new tutorial video on how to style your hair into a top knot:
We are going to be working on more vlogs in the future so let us know if there are any tutorials you'd like us to create!
In the hot summer months no one wants to spend time under a hot hair dryer. Try these styling alternatives to save yourself from the heat:
- Commute to work or school? Try driving with your windows down to air dry your wet hair. Just be sure to keep a brush with you so no one will catch on to your windy ways once you reach your destination.
- Shower in the evening and braid your damp hair before you hit the hay. In the morning, undo the braids and admire your bohemian waves.
- Don't shower in the evening? Try braiding your damp hair in the morning in a chic side braid.
If you still don't want to give up the dryer but don't want to sweat in the process try drying your hair in a room with an open window and use your dryer on the cool setting.
Have any damp hair styling tips? Tell us about them in the comment section below!
Hair bows are a popular accessory but have you ever wanted to learn how to turn your hair into a bow?
Check out this easy tutorial video showing you how to turn your hair into a bow.
Первым клиентам кредит под 0% доступен практически в любой микрофинансовой организации Украины.
Займ на карту, кредит онлайн без фото в руках. Быстрое получение без отказа.
Взять кредит онлайн на карту круглосуточно в Украине без отказа без фото и звонков.
Терміновий кредит без перевірок на картку в Україні. Кращі мікрофінансові організації.
Взяти без відсотків і відмови кредит на картку без поручителів можна в одній з перевірених МФО України.
В самой сложной финансовой ситуации может выручить кредит на короткий срок, буквально на несколько дней или недель.
Без лишнего сбора документов быстро взять кредит для студентов и воспользоваться деньгами на свои нужды.
Иностранцы предпочитают изучение английского с носителем. И не зря, ведь это самый надежный способ.
Хранение и обработка больших массивов данных - это Data Scientist. Непростая работа, требующая высокой квалификации.
Acheter securite, acheter du cialis en pharmacie en france. Les effets indesirables potentiels du traitement.
Acheter 50 milligrams, lioresal en ligne. Le fonctionnement du produit medical.
- priligy en pharmacie france
- acheter Priligy france
- acheter Tadacip sans ordonnance
- levitra vendita on line
- acquistare viagra in italia senza ricetta in farmacia
- cialis in farmacia in italia
- dove comprare levitra online
- siti per acquistare lasix
Top pharmacie achat viagra cialis. Prix pharmacie.
Pharmacie en france acheter kamagra lyon. Ou acheter en france.
Beauty-tips.com is not intended to replace professional consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed professional. If you require any medical-related advice, contact your physician promptly. Information at Beauty-tips.com is exclusively of a general reference nature. Beauty-tips.com may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by online merchants and other third parties. Beauty-tips.com is not responsible for the availability of or the content located on or through any third-party site.
Description du medicament prix baclofen en pharmacie. Achat ligne france.
Commander en anonymat et rapidement levitra sans ordonance. Prix france.
L’action et l’efficacite du medicament dans l’organisme masculin prix cialis italie. Achat libre.
La destination et l’action du produit medical levitra prix en france. Prix doctissimo.
Dove acquistare on line, acquistare levitra online. Descrizione del farmaco e il principio d°Oazione.
Vendita in europa, cialis si puo acquistare in farmacia. Descrizione del farmaco.
Sconti per tutti propecia acquistare online. Acquistare senza ricetta.
Acquisto in farmacia, viagra quanto costa farmacia. Cosa succede se mi manca una dose?