- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: I always apply this primer before putting on my foundation. I use this formula in the green tint because I have redness in my skin and I like that it makes my skin feel smoother and doubles the lasting power of my foundation.
- Borghese Makeup Brushes: This set has every brush I need (it includes 10 brushes) and it came with a convenient travel size case.
- Make Up Forever HD Foundation: This foundation offers great coverage. I have redness in my skin and have acne scarring but you wouldn't know it after I apply this.
- Benefit Benetint: The color from this stain is the perfect shade of rosy red. I use it on my cheeks and lips.
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner: I am a liquid liner addict. After trying dozens of brands from high end to drugstore I have found my match with Revlon. The formula applies smoothly, doesn't flake, run, and the brush has yet to dry out.
- Blinc Heated Eyelash Curler: This curler gives me perfectly curled eye lashes with every use. I have some stubbon lashes that love to stick straight out or point down into my eye but the heat from this curler puts them in their place.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This mascara is amazing. I used to live by a very expensive brand name mascara until I got my makeup done for a wedding I was in. The makeup artist was using this mascara and I ran out an bought a tube the very next day. I've never had longer, thicker looking lashes with a drugstore brand before.
- Sephora Collection Colorful Palette: I have blue-grey eyes and use the taupe palette on a daily basis. The range of neutrals can go from day to night and the quality of the shadow is great for the price.
- Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: I use this tint everyday the color is subtle, the formula is very hydrating and it has an SPF of 15. Everything a girl needs.
- Nars Lipstick: When I'm wanting a little more color on my lips than what a tint can offer I reach for my Nars lipstick. This lipstick goes on smooth and matte so I can layer gloss as needed and I love the range of colors Nars offers. My current favorite color is Red Lizard.
What is currently in your makeup bag?
Choosing whether to splurge or save on makeup can be a tough decision. Will a drugstore product work as well as a department store brand? Is the department store brand truly worth the higher price? I've considered all of these and have chosen to both splurge and save depending on my budget and makeup emergency needs (sometimes running out of liquid eyeliner is an emergency). To help out my fellow thrifty gals and those who want to indulge in a name brand, I have compiled a list of my favorite products that are comparable in performance but not in price:
My makeup routine is a total bust without moisturizer. I need it, I love it. That being said I cannot always afford a fancy brand and sometimes forget to pack it when traveling and will need a trusty backup. For moisturizer, my picks are:
Splurge: Philosophy Hope In a Jar
If you want to minimize the look of your pores then you'll want a good primer. Trouble is, not all primers are created equal. I have found that these two get the job done no matter what your budget may be.
Splurge: Benefit's POREfessional Primer
If you need to be camera ready you'll want an HD powder but you don't want the difference between looking picture perfect and camera shy to be your lack of quality makeup. These two products work, big wallet or not.
Splurge: Makeup Forever's HD Powder
I am a sucker for a good liquid liner. However, my budget doesn't always allow for a liner splurge. Are my eyes going to suffer because I can't get my hands on my favorite brand? No way. Spend or save, these liners will have you covered.
Splurge: Stila Stay All Day Liner
My desert island makeup choice would be mascara. It's that important to my makeup regime. That being said, I've tried a lot of brands and these two pack a powerful punch. One is a high-end brand with sky-high lash results and the other is budget friendly and was spotted in the cosmetic bag of a professional makeup artist.
Splurge: Dior DiorShow Black Out Mascara
I am a big fan of lasting color and a product that can keep both my cheeks and lips rosy is a winner in my makeup bag. These two products handle both flawlessly.
Splurge: Benefit's Benetint
Okay, we've hopped on the nail strip bandwagon and we're never getting off. They're so much fun and easy to apply. Goodbye messy polish, hello perfect manicure in a super cute print.
Have you tried nail polish strips? Love 'em or leave 'em? Leave a comment letting us know (we'd love to see pics if you have any) or send an email.
I have always felt that I look my best after a long workout at the gym. Which I know sounds strange since I don’t have a stitch of makeup on (yikes!) and am drenched in sweat but despite the lack of makeup and abundance of sweat I love the rosy glow my cheeks have. The natural flush on my cheeks makes me feel like I’m effortlessly glowing from the inside out (even though it took me 30 minutes of treadmill time to achieve it). Wanting to keep that glow all day got me on a one woman search for blush that would last for hours on end and look natural too.
This search led me from trusted friends that always look flawless to cosmetic counters and everywhere in between until I found my answer: Benefit’s Benetint cheek stain. I love this product!
Every now and then a girl gets lucky and finds her forever product and for me, Benetint is the one. Most women have at least one forever product whether it’s her signature scent or the mascara that makes her lashes look like they go on for miles. While those women who have their trusty go to products don’t often share their secrets, I am more than willing to share mine because every girl deserves to look stunning.
To get the full review of Benefits Benetint Cheek Stain check out the product reviews section for more details or get it now at BenefitCosmetics.com!
Beauty-tips.com is not intended to replace professional consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed professional. If you require any medical-related advice, contact your physician promptly. Information at Beauty-tips.com is exclusively of a general reference nature. Beauty-tips.com may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by online merchants and other third parties. Beauty-tips.com is not responsible for the availability of or the content located on or through any third-party site.