Having clear and glowing skin is wonderful but if you've suffered from acne you may notice those past breakouts haunting your present in the form of acne scars. Have no fear, follow our tips for hiding your acne scars for a flawless future.
How To Conceal Acne Scars
- Treat: After washing your face use a dark spot treating serum to help fade the dark spots that acne scars can leave behind. Covering them with makeup is great but getting rid of them is even better.
- Prime: If you have pitting caused by scarring use a makeup primer over your scars. The primer will help fill in divots and make your makeup application last longer.
- Conceal: Find a concealer that matches your skin tone and use a concealer brush to apply the concealer on the scar. Draw a cross over your scar with the concealer brush to create two thin layers of coverage. Next, blend the concealer with your ring finger (this is the weakest of all your fingers making it the best for light blending)from the middle of the cross out. Do this till it's completely blended in.
- Set: Now that your scar is covered, set your makeup in a loose or pressed powder to ensure all day coverage.
Do you have any tips for creating flawless skin with makeup? Share them with a comment!
This spoof on Photoshop couldn't have arrived at a better time. With companies receiving backlash for overuse of Photoshop, we're often left wondering "maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Photoshop?"
2012 is almost here and at the Beauty Tips office we're busy wrapping up 2011 while planning for the new year. In the spirit of making a resolutions here are our beauty resolutions for 2012.
We're guilty of not doing this. Yes, it's terrible and it needs to stop. Sleeping with your makeup on will clog your pores and lead to acne/skin irritation. In 2012, we vow to remove our makeup every night—no matter how tired we are.
SPF is essential to protecting your skin and slowing the affects of aging. With so many moisturizers including SPF in their creams there is no excuse not to apply it everyday. Go the extra mile in 2012 and apply SPF to your neck, décolleté and hands. These areas typically show aging first and need daily sun protection too.
Toss Out Old Products
It's hard to let go of the makeup you love, but when in doubt toss it out. Once your products begin to dry/flake it's time to star anew. Makeup bag bursting at the seams? If you haven't used something in the last 30 days get rid of it. Your make up will look better, your skin will thank you for it and you'll be more organized.
Become a Salon Regular
Regular trims are essential to the health of your hair. This year when you go in for your first trim/cut make another appointment for three months later.
If you don't have one already, make 2012 the year that you find your signature scent. A good perfume is the final detail in bringing together a great beauty routine so why not make the new year the best smelling one you've had yet?
Clean Up Regularly
Add cleaning your makeup brushes to your beauty routine. It's easy to do and will make your brushes last longer, makeup application look better and stop any bacteria from transferring onto your skin. Mix baby shampoo and olive oil together and wash in warm water. The baby shampoo will offer gentle cleansing without drying out your brushes while the oil will return softness to the bristles.
That concludes our beauty resolutions for 2012. What are yours?
We all know you're not supposed to pop your pimples. But we also know that it is extremely tempting. That said, it's very likely that you pop them regardless of the damage a pop zit can leave behind. Don't worry, you wont have to go into hiding till your skin heals—we've got some tips to get you back out in civilization without humiliation.
- Reduce Swelling. The swelling of a blemish makes it stand out, hold an ice cube on your popped zit. The coolness will help reduce the swelling and minimize the chance of a further infection.
- Get The Red Out. Putting a few drops of anti-redness eye drops on your blemish will help take the redness out of your zit and make it less noticeable.
- Treat It. Dab on some benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid based acne treatment to help start the healing process. Popped your zit on the go and don't have an acne treatment? Mash one pill of aspirin with a small amount non-comedogenic lotion and apply it to your pimple. Aspirin has anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce swelling.
The holiday season is upon us and that means holiday parties and taking plenty of photos to cherish the memories made with friends and family. To avoid doing an endless number of retakes before getting a picture you like follow our top ten tips for looking photo ready:
- Mask It: Treat blemishes or dull skin prior to your holiday party with an acne busting or brightening mask.
- Prime It: Applying primer to your skin prior to your foundation application will smooth lines, minimize pores and help reflect light giving you the look of flawless skin.
- Conceal It: The flash of a camera can bring attention to imperfections so be sure to use a concealer on any blemishes or dark spots.
- Sculpt It: Want to look thinner for the holidays? Contour under your cheekbones and along your hairline and jawline to create the subtle illusion of a thinner face.
- Dry It: Oily skin happens so keep a stash of oil absorbing sheets in your purse to dab along your t-zone before posing for the camera.
- Shine It: Use a shine spray in your hair to give your locks luster and dimension in your photos.
- Tame It: Take charge of flyaways with an on-the-go sized silicone based serum.
- Highlight It: Draw attention to your eyes in a photo by highlighting your brow bone, waterline and the inner corners of your eyes with an eye brightening pencil.
- Pop It: Add a pop of color to your face with a bright lipgloss or lipstick. May we suggest a firey and festive red?
- Brighten It: Everyone loves a beautiful smile in photos so be sure to keep yours sparkling. Didn't plan ahead and whiten your teeth before your holiday party? That's okay, there are teeth whitening strips that can do the job in just two hours!
- Magnetic Makeup Board: Operation organization! This is a great idea for gals with small bathrooms and it's a cute way to display your goodies.
- Mustache Nails: November is Movember in honor of Prostate Cancer. Us ladies may not be able to show our support by growing a sweet 'stache but we can have some cute nail art.
- Fishtail Bun: Bun? Like it. Fishtail braid? Like it. Put the to together? Love it! This hairdo is easy and totally unexpected, don't be surprised if you catch your girlfriends rocking this after seeing how effortlessly good you look.
- Blue Eyeliner: Blue eye makeup may conjure images of Mimi, but this look is just the right pop of color on Gwen Stefani. We may need to go out and purchase some blue eyeliner for ourselves now.
- Katy Perry Pink: We love Katy's pink hair—even as it's growing out and she's showing her roots.
My favorite makeup is eyeliner and I am obsessed with cat eye makeup. I l-o-v-e it. However, I rarely do my makeup this way because I have such a hard time making both of my eyes look symmetrical. At least I used to until I came across this handy trick—scotch tape. Yes, scotch tape isn't just for wrapping gifts. All you need is two pieces of tape for each eye and volia—purrfect cat eyes.
Do you have any tricks for creating the perfect cat eye makeup look?
- Chanel Shade Parade: This video is so fun! It's such a creative way to present new nail shades.
- Smashbox O-Glow: The gel in this product comes out of the tube clear and turns your perfect shade of blushing pink when applied to your cheeks. Talk about a natural glow!
- Cat Eyes: We love cat eye makeup but it's not always easy to apply, this step-by-step photo makes it easy peas-y.
- Color Bug: Kevin Murphy's color bug can give you an edgy style without the commitment. Wild weekend hair anyone?
- Top Knot: The windy winter weather has us reaching for hats but when we've forgotten to grab one as we're rushing out the door a top knot will do the trick. Check out our tutorial on how to make one here.
Any beauty products, tricks or styles you're loving this week? Let us know!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: I always apply this primer before putting on my foundation. I use this formula in the green tint because I have redness in my skin and I like that it makes my skin feel smoother and doubles the lasting power of my foundation.
- Borghese Makeup Brushes: This set has every brush I need (it includes 10 brushes) and it came with a convenient travel size case.
- Make Up Forever HD Foundation: This foundation offers great coverage. I have redness in my skin and have acne scarring but you wouldn't know it after I apply this.
- Benefit Benetint: The color from this stain is the perfect shade of rosy red. I use it on my cheeks and lips.
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner: I am a liquid liner addict. After trying dozens of brands from high end to drugstore I have found my match with Revlon. The formula applies smoothly, doesn't flake, run, and the brush has yet to dry out.
- Blinc Heated Eyelash Curler: This curler gives me perfectly curled eye lashes with every use. I have some stubbon lashes that love to stick straight out or point down into my eye but the heat from this curler puts them in their place.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This mascara is amazing. I used to live by a very expensive brand name mascara until I got my makeup done for a wedding I was in. The makeup artist was using this mascara and I ran out an bought a tube the very next day. I've never had longer, thicker looking lashes with a drugstore brand before.
- Sephora Collection Colorful Palette: I have blue-grey eyes and use the taupe palette on a daily basis. The range of neutrals can go from day to night and the quality of the shadow is great for the price.
- Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: I use this tint everyday the color is subtle, the formula is very hydrating and it has an SPF of 15. Everything a girl needs.
- Nars Lipstick: When I'm wanting a little more color on my lips than what a tint can offer I reach for my Nars lipstick. This lipstick goes on smooth and matte so I can layer gloss as needed and I love the range of colors Nars offers. My current favorite color is Red Lizard.
What is currently in your makeup bag?
- Strawberries: Strawberries are a great source for vitamin C which has wrinkle fighting properties.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain lycopene and lutein. Lycopene helps shield your skin from the sun while lutein works to keep your skin hydrated.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate contains flavonoids that work to fight free radicals that can cause skin damage.
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants that work to protect your skin from free radical damage.
Want to make your own face mask using skin friendly foods? Check out these home remedies that use food to keep your skin acne free.
Here's a roundup of some of our favorite makeup tutorials for Halloween:
Black Swan Makeup Tutorial
After watching this tutorial you'll be able to achieve a look that's as dark and stunning as Natalie Portman's in Black Swan.
Lady GaGa Makeup Tutorial
There are so many Lady GaGa looks to choose from but this Poker Face tutorial is our favorite.
Katy Perry California Gurls Makeup Tutorial
Katy Perry's candy land inspired look is perfect for anyone who is looking for a playful costume this Halloween.
Marylin Monroe Makeup Tutorial
Marylin Monroe is always a classic and this look will have all eyes on you while you enjoy a frightful night.
When you consider plastic surgery, you inevitably wonder about other people’s opinions. You wonder what people think about the way you look, and what they will say about the changes that you make to your appearance. You wonder if people will like the way you look following surgery, and how obvious it will be that you’ve “had some work done.” Along with these basic concerns, which are of course totally natural, you will probably also be wondering whether or not the procedure that you are undergoing is very common, or whether many other people are having the same procedure these days. Fortunately, there are a number of plastic surgery websites out there, and many of them have information about current trends in plastic surgery.
One trend that appears to be fairly widespread with regard to plastic surgery is that facial procedures seem to be in some decline. This may be for a few different reasons. However, the main cause of the trend would appear to be that alternative methods for facial alterations—such as botox creams, collagen injections, and other such methods—have become more efficient and effective, and are thus gaining in popularity. It naturally follows that fewer people are bothering with invasive surgical methods, when they can simply use injections and creams to affect change in their faces. Additionally, surgeries are more expensive, meaning that where there are alternatives, a lot of people choose to use them.
Another trend in plastic surgery is to use imaging “preview” programs to better choose procedures. For example, some surgeons now have computer programs that can accurately depict (more or less) exactly what a woman will look like after a breast augmentation procedure. This can help that woman to decide if she wants the procedure done, or if she would like to change the details or forego the procedure. This sort of preview method is very popular, as it simply allows patients to better understand what they are getting into when undergoing plastic surgery. Want to see photographed results, you can find breast augmentation before and after photos (NSFW) on several plastic surgery websites as well.
Ultimately, trends do not matter too much with regard to your individual decision, in the sense that you should not make a decision based upon what is popular. However, the sorts of trends mentioned in this article can be helpful in letting you know more about your options. For that reason, you should always keep an eye on the world of plastic surgery, as long as you are considering a procedure. News and trends can help to keep you up to date on the most effective methods out there.
Choosing whether to splurge or save on makeup can be a tough decision. Will a drugstore product work as well as a department store brand? Is the department store brand truly worth the higher price? I've considered all of these and have chosen to both splurge and save depending on my budget and makeup emergency needs (sometimes running out of liquid eyeliner is an emergency). To help out my fellow thrifty gals and those who want to indulge in a name brand, I have compiled a list of my favorite products that are comparable in performance but not in price:
My makeup routine is a total bust without moisturizer. I need it, I love it. That being said I cannot always afford a fancy brand and sometimes forget to pack it when traveling and will need a trusty backup. For moisturizer, my picks are:
Splurge: Philosophy Hope In a Jar
If you want to minimize the look of your pores then you'll want a good primer. Trouble is, not all primers are created equal. I have found that these two get the job done no matter what your budget may be.
Splurge: Benefit's POREfessional Primer
If you need to be camera ready you'll want an HD powder but you don't want the difference between looking picture perfect and camera shy to be your lack of quality makeup. These two products work, big wallet or not.
Splurge: Makeup Forever's HD Powder
I am a sucker for a good liquid liner. However, my budget doesn't always allow for a liner splurge. Are my eyes going to suffer because I can't get my hands on my favorite brand? No way. Spend or save, these liners will have you covered.
Splurge: Stila Stay All Day Liner
My desert island makeup choice would be mascara. It's that important to my makeup regime. That being said, I've tried a lot of brands and these two pack a powerful punch. One is a high-end brand with sky-high lash results and the other is budget friendly and was spotted in the cosmetic bag of a professional makeup artist.
Splurge: Dior DiorShow Black Out Mascara
I am a big fan of lasting color and a product that can keep both my cheeks and lips rosy is a winner in my makeup bag. These two products handle both flawlessly.
Splurge: Benefit's Benetint
Yes, it's September but we're still not giving up on summer—especially when it comes to hair. Beach inspired waves are very easy to create and will give you an effortlessly chic look while you're transitioning from summer to fall.
How To Create Beach Wave Hair
- A curl defining hair product (we like L'Oreal Paris Silky Curls Gel)
- Blow Dryer
- Hair Elastics
- Curling Iron
- Hair Spray
- Before you go to sleep shower and work a dollop of curl defining hair product into your wet hair.
- Blow dry your hair till it is only slightly damp.
- Separate your hair into sections (about six) and braid it from your ears down, then secure each braid with a hair elastic.
- Now hit the hay and sleep in your braids.
- In the morning, take out the hair elastics and shake out your braids.
- Wrap each section around the outside of your curling iron to help heat set your waves.
- Spritz your hair with hair spray to set your style after you've finished with the curling iron.
Now you're set to spend the day looking like a beach goddess!
Do you have powder blush that you no longer wear in your makeup bag? Put it to good use by turning it into a custom tinted lip balm.
How To Make Your Own Tinted Lip Balm
- Powder Blush (or pink/peach/red tinted powder eye shadows)
- Contact Lens Case
- Paper Plate
- Start by putting a dollop of Vaseline on your paper plate.
- Add a small amount of your blush to the Vaseline and mix well with a spoon.
- Test the color on your lips, add more powder if you want a darker balm or add more Vaseline to make it lighter and more like a gloss.
- Once you have your desired color, scoop up your balm using your spoon and put in it your clean contact lens case.
Now you have a new lip color that can travel with you. Take advantage of the contact case having two caps and experiment with the depth of the colored balm so you can carry two shades in your case—one for day and the other for night.
This green tea ice facial will help reduce redness, tighten pores, and fight free radicals that can be damaging to your skin. The best time of day to apply this facial is when you're done showering because your pores will be open and better able to absorb the contents of the facial.
How to Make a Green Tea Ice Facial
- 1 glass of warm water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 ice tray
- 4 Vitamin E gel pills
- Saran wrap
- Steep your tea bag in your glass of warm water, as if you're making yourself a glass of green tea.
- Using a toothpick, poke a hole in one of the vitamin E gel pills and squeeze the contents into your glass. Repeat this step will the rest of the pills and thoroughly mix the contents with a spoon.
- Remove your tea bag and pour the contents of your glass into your ice tray.
- Cover the tray with saran wrap and poke a toothpick into each cube of the tray.
- Place the tray in your freezer and allow the ice cubes to form.
- After your ice has formed remove the saran wrap and you'll have mini facial popsicles that you can rub along your skin after showering or washing your face.
Make your eyes pop with these simple makeup tricks:
If you are wanting your eyes to look larger try a highlighting your eyes in a pearly white or soft champagne shade of eye shadow. Apply the shadow to your lids and the inner corners of your eyes. You can also trace the inside rim of your lower lids with a white eye pencil for extra widening.
Close Set Eyes:
If you want to make your eyes appear to be closer set try applying a shade of shimmery brown to your lids. Swipe this color on your lids and blend into the inner corners of your eyes. A sable brown shadow will help draw your eyes together while also catching light and brightening them.
If you want to make your eyes appear to be more lifted apply liquid liner to your top lash line only. Create a cat-eye at the outer corners of your eyes to fake a lifted look. Finish by curling your lashes and applying a lengthening mascara formula.
When you cannot afford a haircare treatment at your favorite salon or spa, do-it-yourself at home. Below are some of our favorite easy to make haircare treatments that your can whip up and enjoy at home.
Restore Moisture. Moisture is key to having healthy hair and the best place to start is your scalp. To restore moisture back into your scalp with the added benefit of nutrients to help protect your hair use a tablespoon of Jojoba oil. To make this treatment both beneficial and relaxing, massage the oil into your scalp using your fingertips and then wrap your head in a warm damp towel for 20 minutes. Wrapping your head in a towel will help the oil penetrate your scalp so you'll receive the maximum benefit that the Jojoba oil has to offer.
Breakdown Buildup. After a week of using styling products it is safe to assume that even regular washes with your favorite shampoo may not get rid of the buildup that continual use of hair products can cause. You can create your own clarifying rinse with a cup of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar in order to start the following week off fresh. With just a cup or either vinegar, thoroughly rinse your hair and then follow up with your usual shampoo. Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar work as a natural clarifier that work to remove product buildup without the worry of stripping color.
Moisture Mask. If your hair is feeling dry or brittle it's probably time to treat your mane with a moisture restoring mask. Mash up half of an avocado with two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl,then coat your hair from root to tip with your homemade mask. After coating your hair, wrap it in a hot towel for 20 minutes. The essential oils and proteins in this homemade mask will help hydrate your hair and turn it from brittle to beautiful.
Первым клиентам кредит под 0% доступен практически в любой микрофинансовой организации Украины.
Займ на карту, кредит онлайн без фото в руках. Быстрое получение без отказа.
Взять кредит онлайн на карту круглосуточно в Украине без отказа без фото и звонков.
Терміновий кредит без перевірок на картку в Україні. Кращі мікрофінансові організації.
Como obtener un préstamo online creditos online a plazos No todos los proveedores.
Взяти без відсотків і відмови кредит на картку без поручителів можна в одній з перевірених МФО України.
Beauty-tips.com is not intended to replace professional consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed professional. If you require any medical-related advice, contact your physician promptly. Information at Beauty-tips.com is exclusively of a general reference nature. Beauty-tips.com may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by online merchants and other third parties. Beauty-tips.com is not responsible for the availability of or the content located on or through any third-party site.