This spoof on Photoshop couldn't have arrived at a better time. With companies receiving backlash for overuse of Photoshop, we're often left wondering "maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Photoshop?"
2012 is almost here and at the Beauty Tips office we're busy wrapping up 2011 while planning for the new year. In the spirit of making a resolutions here are our beauty resolutions for 2012.
We're guilty of not doing this. Yes, it's terrible and it needs to stop. Sleeping with your makeup on will clog your pores and lead to acne/skin irritation. In 2012, we vow to remove our makeup every night—no matter how tired we are.
SPF is essential to protecting your skin and slowing the affects of aging. With so many moisturizers including SPF in their creams there is no excuse not to apply it everyday. Go the extra mile in 2012 and apply SPF to your neck, décolleté and hands. These areas typically show aging first and need daily sun protection too.
Toss Out Old Products
It's hard to let go of the makeup you love, but when in doubt toss it out. Once your products begin to dry/flake it's time to star anew. Makeup bag bursting at the seams? If you haven't used something in the last 30 days get rid of it. Your make up will look better, your skin will thank you for it and you'll be more organized.
Become a Salon Regular
Regular trims are essential to the health of your hair. This year when you go in for your first trim/cut make another appointment for three months later.
If you don't have one already, make 2012 the year that you find your signature scent. A good perfume is the final detail in bringing together a great beauty routine so why not make the new year the best smelling one you've had yet?
Clean Up Regularly
Add cleaning your makeup brushes to your beauty routine. It's easy to do and will make your brushes last longer, makeup application look better and stop any bacteria from transferring onto your skin. Mix baby shampoo and olive oil together and wash in warm water. The baby shampoo will offer gentle cleansing without drying out your brushes while the oil will return softness to the bristles.
That concludes our beauty resolutions for 2012. What are yours?
- Magnetic Makeup Board: Operation organization! This is a great idea for gals with small bathrooms and it's a cute way to display your goodies.
- Mustache Nails: November is Movember in honor of Prostate Cancer. Us ladies may not be able to show our support by growing a sweet 'stache but we can have some cute nail art.
- Fishtail Bun: Bun? Like it. Fishtail braid? Like it. Put the to together? Love it! This hairdo is easy and totally unexpected, don't be surprised if you catch your girlfriends rocking this after seeing how effortlessly good you look.
- Blue Eyeliner: Blue eye makeup may conjure images of Mimi, but this look is just the right pop of color on Gwen Stefani. We may need to go out and purchase some blue eyeliner for ourselves now.
- Katy Perry Pink: We love Katy's pink hair—even as it's growing out and she's showing her roots.
- Chanel Shade Parade: This video is so fun! It's such a creative way to present new nail shades.
- Smashbox O-Glow: The gel in this product comes out of the tube clear and turns your perfect shade of blushing pink when applied to your cheeks. Talk about a natural glow!
- Cat Eyes: We love cat eye makeup but it's not always easy to apply, this step-by-step photo makes it easy peas-y.
- Color Bug: Kevin Murphy's color bug can give you an edgy style without the commitment. Wild weekend hair anyone?
- Top Knot: The windy winter weather has us reaching for hats but when we've forgotten to grab one as we're rushing out the door a top knot will do the trick. Check out our tutorial on how to make one here.
Any beauty products, tricks or styles you're loving this week? Let us know!
Here's a roundup of some of our favorite makeup tutorials for Halloween:
Black Swan Makeup Tutorial
After watching this tutorial you'll be able to achieve a look that's as dark and stunning as Natalie Portman's in Black Swan.
Lady GaGa Makeup Tutorial
There are so many Lady GaGa looks to choose from but this Poker Face tutorial is our favorite.
Katy Perry California Gurls Makeup Tutorial
Katy Perry's candy land inspired look is perfect for anyone who is looking for a playful costume this Halloween.
Marylin Monroe Makeup Tutorial
Marylin Monroe is always a classic and this look will have all eyes on you while you enjoy a frightful night.
When you consider plastic surgery, you inevitably wonder about other people’s opinions. You wonder what people think about the way you look, and what they will say about the changes that you make to your appearance. You wonder if people will like the way you look following surgery, and how obvious it will be that you’ve “had some work done.” Along with these basic concerns, which are of course totally natural, you will probably also be wondering whether or not the procedure that you are undergoing is very common, or whether many other people are having the same procedure these days. Fortunately, there are a number of plastic surgery websites out there, and many of them have information about current trends in plastic surgery.
One trend that appears to be fairly widespread with regard to plastic surgery is that facial procedures seem to be in some decline. This may be for a few different reasons. However, the main cause of the trend would appear to be that alternative methods for facial alterations—such as botox creams, collagen injections, and other such methods—have become more efficient and effective, and are thus gaining in popularity. It naturally follows that fewer people are bothering with invasive surgical methods, when they can simply use injections and creams to affect change in their faces. Additionally, surgeries are more expensive, meaning that where there are alternatives, a lot of people choose to use them.
Another trend in plastic surgery is to use imaging “preview” programs to better choose procedures. For example, some surgeons now have computer programs that can accurately depict (more or less) exactly what a woman will look like after a breast augmentation procedure. This can help that woman to decide if she wants the procedure done, or if she would like to change the details or forego the procedure. This sort of preview method is very popular, as it simply allows patients to better understand what they are getting into when undergoing plastic surgery. Want to see photographed results, you can find breast augmentation before and after photos (NSFW) on several plastic surgery websites as well.
Ultimately, trends do not matter too much with regard to your individual decision, in the sense that you should not make a decision based upon what is popular. However, the sorts of trends mentioned in this article can be helpful in letting you know more about your options. For that reason, you should always keep an eye on the world of plastic surgery, as long as you are considering a procedure. News and trends can help to keep you up to date on the most effective methods out there.
Yes, it's September but we're still not giving up on summer—especially when it comes to hair. Beach inspired waves are very easy to create and will give you an effortlessly chic look while you're transitioning from summer to fall.
How To Create Beach Wave Hair
- A curl defining hair product (we like L'Oreal Paris Silky Curls Gel)
- Blow Dryer
- Hair Elastics
- Curling Iron
- Hair Spray
- Before you go to sleep shower and work a dollop of curl defining hair product into your wet hair.
- Blow dry your hair till it is only slightly damp.
- Separate your hair into sections (about six) and braid it from your ears down, then secure each braid with a hair elastic.
- Now hit the hay and sleep in your braids.
- In the morning, take out the hair elastics and shake out your braids.
- Wrap each section around the outside of your curling iron to help heat set your waves.
- Spritz your hair with hair spray to set your style after you've finished with the curling iron.
Now you're set to spend the day looking like a beach goddess!
Katy Perry is a style icon in her own right with her over-the-top outfits and rainbow hair color changes but her nails seem to be her favorite way to express her ever changing style. At the MTV VMA's Perry had as many nail changes as she did costumes. Doesn't she make you want to match your nails to all of your outfits too?
Photos via MTV Style
Okay, we've hopped on the nail strip bandwagon and we're never getting off. They're so much fun and easy to apply. Goodbye messy polish, hello perfect manicure in a super cute print.
Have you tried nail polish strips? Love 'em or leave 'em? Leave a comment letting us know (we'd love to see pics if you have any) or send an email.
We love nail polish but we are currently digging these nail styles:
Have a lot of polish? It's okay, so do we! That's why we love ombre nails, you can utilize varying shades of polish to create a fun look. It's also a good excuse to buy more polish.
Can't decide between two colors of polish? Don't! Try an accent nail (we prefer the ring finger) in a different color or shade to mix up your manicure.
Beauty-tips.com is not intended to replace professional consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed professional. If you require any medical-related advice, contact your physician promptly. Information at Beauty-tips.com is exclusively of a general reference nature. Beauty-tips.com may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by online merchants and other third parties. Beauty-tips.com is not responsible for the availability of or the content located on or through any third-party site.