- Magnetic Makeup Board: Operation organization! This is a great idea for gals with small bathrooms and it's a cute way to display your goodies.
- Mustache Nails: November is Movember in honor of Prostate Cancer. Us ladies may not be able to show our support by growing a sweet 'stache but we can have some cute nail art.
- Fishtail Bun: Bun? Like it. Fishtail braid? Like it. Put the to together? Love it! This hairdo is easy and totally unexpected, don't be surprised if you catch your girlfriends rocking this after seeing how effortlessly good you look.
- Blue Eyeliner: Blue eye makeup may conjure images of Mimi, but this look is just the right pop of color on Gwen Stefani. We may need to go out and purchase some blue eyeliner for ourselves now.
- Katy Perry Pink: We love Katy's pink hair—even as it's growing out and she's showing her roots.
Here's a roundup of some of our favorite makeup tutorials for Halloween:
Black Swan Makeup Tutorial
After watching this tutorial you'll be able to achieve a look that's as dark and stunning as Natalie Portman's in Black Swan.
Lady GaGa Makeup Tutorial
There are so many Lady GaGa looks to choose from but this Poker Face tutorial is our favorite.
Katy Perry California Gurls Makeup Tutorial
Katy Perry's candy land inspired look is perfect for anyone who is looking for a playful costume this Halloween.
Marylin Monroe Makeup Tutorial
Marylin Monroe is always a classic and this look will have all eyes on you while you enjoy a frightful night.
Yes, it's September but we're still not giving up on summer—especially when it comes to hair. Beach inspired waves are very easy to create and will give you an effortlessly chic look while you're transitioning from summer to fall.
How To Create Beach Wave Hair
- A curl defining hair product (we like L'Oreal Paris Silky Curls Gel)
- Blow Dryer
- Hair Elastics
- Curling Iron
- Hair Spray
- Before you go to sleep shower and work a dollop of curl defining hair product into your wet hair.
- Blow dry your hair till it is only slightly damp.
- Separate your hair into sections (about six) and braid it from your ears down, then secure each braid with a hair elastic.
- Now hit the hay and sleep in your braids.
- In the morning, take out the hair elastics and shake out your braids.
- Wrap each section around the outside of your curling iron to help heat set your waves.
- Spritz your hair with hair spray to set your style after you've finished with the curling iron.
Now you're set to spend the day looking like a beach goddess!
Katy Perry is a style icon in her own right with her over-the-top outfits and rainbow hair color changes but her nails seem to be her favorite way to express her ever changing style. At the MTV VMA's Perry had as many nail changes as she did costumes. Doesn't she make you want to match your nails to all of your outfits too?
Photos via MTV Style
We have a girl crush on Zooey Deschanel. She is especially cute in this music video. Her teased half up half down hair-do and cat-eye makeup are adorable without looking fussy. Natural beauty!
Beauty-tips.com is not intended to replace professional consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed professional. If you require any medical-related advice, contact your physician promptly. Information at Beauty-tips.com is exclusively of a general reference nature. Beauty-tips.com may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by online merchants and other third parties. Beauty-tips.com is not responsible for the availability of or the content located on or through any third-party site.